Commercial/Advertising Art - CIP 50.0402- Task Grid
- Identify career paths within the vocational profession.
- List occupational requirements.
- Demonstrate research, employability, and organizational skills.
- Identify how copyright laws apply to visual and digital communication.
- Safely operate media presentation equipment.
- Demonstrate safe practices when using computer hardware and software.
- Demonstrate safe practices when using and maintaining hand tools.
- Demonstrate safe practices when using, storing, and disposing of paints, solvents, and chemicals.
- Demonstrate safe cutting procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazard communication law/environmental protection to include SDS.
Drawing and Illustration:
- Design objects using linear perspective.
- Design basic geometric and organic forms showing texture and tone.
- Create line art.
- Apply anatomy concepts in drawing.
- Design from direct observation.
- Produce color illustrations using various media.
- Create value with the use of layering.
Color Theory And Application:
- Apply the basic structure of color (hue, intensity, saturation) to generate color solutions.
- Apply appropriate color schemes to generate design solutions.
- Identify and apply additive and subtractive color.
- Demonstrate image scanning procedures.
- Identify the properties of vector and raster images.
- Demonstrate basic use of page layout software.
- Demonstrate intermediate use of page layout software.
- Demonstrate basic use of a vector-based drawing program.
- Demonstrate intermediate use of a vector-based drawing program.
- Demonstrate basic use of image editing software.
- Demonstrate intermediate use of image editing software.
- Demonstrate use of input, output, and storage devices.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of different file formats.
- Organize and manage digital files.
- Demonstrate basic use of web page design software.
Design, Layout, and Production:
- Research the history of advertising design.
- Apply elements and principles of design.
- Write a creative brief.
- Produce thumbnails, roughs, and comprehensive.
- Design a logo.
- Create a design for a package.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of printing processes.
- Design promotional materials.
- Prepare files for output.
- Demonstrate knowledge of color separations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of printer marks and measurements.
- Identify the anatomy and classification of type.
- Identify typographic styles.
- Manipulate type through character and paragraph formatting.
- Choose and apply the appropriate typeface.
- Operate digital camera and accessories.
- Compose a photograph through the lens.
- Demonstrate use of lighting.
- Demonstrate ability to physically stabilize the camera.
- Demonstrate how to download and manipulate digital images.
- Prepare and present a portfolio.
- Deliver an oral presentation.
- Estimate time and materials for a project.
- Demonstrate matting and mounting a work of art.
- Participate in critiques of commercial art projects.
- Research current industry practices.