Hello, Culinary Family!
I am so excited to start the new school year with you!
A few quick items before we all meet on Monday, August 31st.
1. Did you order your uniforms? You will need to have your uniforms at the beginning of the year so we can jump right into the kitchen. Don’t forget, you cannot go into the kitchens if you do not have your non-slip safety shoes. Clogs, sneakers, slip-ons… it doesn’t matter as long as you can show that they are not-slip. Your safety is always first!
- Level 3, your uniforms were dirty at the end of last year. A dirty uniform is considered out of uniform and you will not be able to participate in lab activities with a dirty uniform. Working in the kitchens is soooo much better than sitting in the homeroom, doing extra book work! So please, replace your old/dirty uniforms, thank you!!!
2. Did you sign up for “Remind”? I have attached the code and instructions for both the 9th grade and level 3 classes. Please sign up as soon as you can so we can start to communicate, even before the school year begins. Parents/guardians, I suggest you sign up as well so you can see what assignments, deadlines, and special events your student will have throughout the school year.
3. Students are asked to bring their own lap-top to school on days they come to WMCTC. This will cut down on cross-contact between students. If you do not have a personal/school supplied lap-top, I have Chrome-books that you may borrow as long as we sanitize them properly after each use.
4. We will be doing all work in Google Classroom. Please make sure you are ready to create and share Google folders and Google Docs on your first day. Don’t worry! We will take this step-by-step, so we are all working on our projects as a team!
5. I have put together “Welcome to Culinary Arts!” welcome baskets for each of you!!! I have reached out to many different colleges letting them know that I was putting together these baskets, so I have fun swag from all of them for you! I have personally purchased snacks, treats, drinks, and goodies for your baskets for you to enjoy while we are doing our online work together. You can enjoy these snacks at home or at WMCTC. Please show up that first week of school to collect your baskets… tons of cool stuff from me to you to say thank you for joining me in the kitchens this year!!
Please reach out with any questions or concerns, I am always here to help!
Stay safe, stay kind, stay healthy, stay awesome!!
Chef Tina Arnt
PS... Don't forget to click the links below and sign up for Remind!! Thank you!!