WMCTC has developed plans to respond to incidents at the Limerick Generating Station. If the school district receives notice of an alert prior to 6:00AM, school will be closed. Plans have also been developed to address incidents that may occur while school is in session. To make plans effective, your cooperation is essential.
In the event of an advisory to shelter:
- Students will remain within the school building.
- Student dismissal will be delayed until the order is lifted.
- Dismissal times will be announced if they differ from the scheduled dismissal times.
- Please do not attempt to pick up your children because it is important for everyone to remain inside during a Shelter Advisory. Students will not be dismissed during a Shelter Advisory.
In the event of an evacuation:
- Students will be transported to the WMCTC host school, Upper Perkiomen High School (UPHS).
- Parents/guardians should pick up their child at UPHS no later than 8:00PM once an emergency has lifted. After 8:00PM, our host school may be closed and any remaining students would be bussed to North Penn High School (NPHS).
- If WMCTC programs are suspended at any time during the incident, you will be notified by public radio. Tune to any of the following AM stations: WPAZ 1370, WNPV 1440, or KYW 1060.
- If your child's sending school or WMCTC is not in session and classes are canceled due to an emergency, do not send your child to either school.
- Please do not attempt to pick up your children at their school while in evacuation.
It is important that school driveways and access routes remain open for buses. In addition, while preparing to evacuate, it is difficult to release students and keep a current and accurate school census. If you must pick up your child, please observe the appropriate access roads and building entrance designated for student pick-up. Students will only be released to parents, legal guardians, or individuals having prior approval (complete an 'Authorization for Student Pick-Up' form).During the entire process, the students will remain under the supervision of the school staff.Thank you for your cooperation. Please be sure to designate who can pick up your child on the Authorization for Student Pick-Up" form in Skyward Family Access. Your authorization will remain in effect only during the current school term.