Application & Clearances
- Act 24 Arrest / Conviction Report
- Paper Form - Must only be signed and returned to the school office.
- Act 34 PA Criminal History Clearance
- Online - Select "Submit a New Record Check" under credit card users. Applicant must provide his/her name and address and credit card information. If a request goes "under review" it will be updated to the status of “No Record” or “Record” within two weeks. For all “No Record” responses, the certificate must be printed out at the applicant’s computer. All “Record” status requests will be mailed to the address provided by the applicant.
- Paper Form
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance
- Online - Select "Create a New Account" and enter profile information. Applicant must provide his/her name and address and credit card information. Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will give you immediate access to your results or the status of your results.
- Paper Form
- Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release
- School Personnel Health Record
- Before starting employment, a health record and TB test is required.
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) – FBI Report**
- Fee: $22.60; All applicants will now receive an unofficial copy of their report. Fee is payable to IDEMIA.
The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process, as follows:
- Registration- The applicant must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk-in service is allowed but all applicants are required to complete pre-enrollment in the new Universal Enrollment system. Pre-enrollment can be completed online or over the phone. The registration website is available online 24 hours/day, seven days per week at https://uenroll.identogo.com. Telephonic registration is available at 1-844-321-2101 Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm EST. During the pre-enrollment process, all demographic data for the applicant is collected (name, address, etc.) along with notices about identification requirements and other important information.
When registering online, an applicant must use the appropriate agency-specific Service Code to ensure they are processed for the correct agency and/or applicant type. Using the correct service code ensures the background check is submitted for the correct purpose. Fingerprint requests processed through any other agency or purpose cannot be accepted and are not transferrable. If an applicant enters the wrong code by mistake, the incorrect applicant type will appear at the top of the screen. The applicant should select the “Back to Home” button and begin the process again, by reentering the correct Service Code. If the applicant proceeds with the process under the incorrect code, the pre-enrollment and/or results cannot be transferred to another state agency and the applicant will have to start the process over and pay for the background check again. Please contact WMCTC's Business Department to identify the unique Service Code.
- Payment- The applicant will pay a fee of $22.60 for the fingerprint service and to secure an unofficial copy of the Criminal History Record. Major credit cards, as well as money orders or cashier’s checks payable to MorphoTrust, will be accepted on-site for those applicants who are required to pay individually. No cash transactions or personal checks are allowed.
IDEMIA has also established a payment option for fingerprinting services for entities interested in paying the applicant’s fee. This new option provides a payment ‘coupon’ that the entity will provide to each applicant for use. Each coupon is unique and may only be used one time. Account applications must be completed prior to the applicant visiting the fingerprint site. The authorized representative must complete the account application. To establish a billing account, visit the website https://www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania and download an application.
- Fingerprint Locations– After registration, the applicant proceeds to the fingerprint site of their choice for fingerprinting. The location of the fingerprint sites and days and hours of operation for each site are posted on IDEMIA's website at https://uenroll.identogo.com. The location of fingerprint sites may change over time; applicants are encouraged to confirm the site location nearest to their location. PDE encourages entities where access to the fingerprint location is more than 25 miles away to contact IDEMIA and suggests areas where another closer site could be established.
- Fingerprinting- At the fingerprint site, the Enrollment Agents (EA) manages the fingerprint collection process. The fingerprint transaction begins when the EA reviews the applicant’s qualified State or Federal photo ID before processing the applicant’s transaction. Applicants will not be processed if they cannot produce an acceptable photo ID. After the identity of the applicant has been established, all ten fingers are scanned to complete the process. The entire fingerprint capture process should take no more than three to five minutes.
- Report Access– For the public or private school or higher education institution to access the official report via the electronic system, applicants must present their UEID to the hiring entity (as shown on the receipt provided after fingerprint capture). This process allows an applicant to provide multiple potential employers with their UEID, as the report is linked to the UEID number and not assigned to a specific school. If an applicant has lost their receipt or needs to confirm UEID, the applicant may visit the UEP website (https://uenroll.identogo.com/) and simply check the status of their file by providing alternate personal information. Applicants will enter their personal information after clicking in the lower portion of that screen to obtain their receipt with the UEID.
Applicants will receive an unofficial copy of their report. However, the school is required to review the official CHRI online and print a file copy of the CHRI if the applicant is hired by the school or their contractor, or if the applicant is approved for student teaching.