Uniform, Materials, & Safety Requirements
- Dress pants (no jeans)
- Closed-toed shoes (no slippers)
- Smocks for Levels 1 to be purchased by the student at the beginning of the school year from the Uniform Shop. This smock will be used throughout the student’s ECE experience.
- The price will include the WMCTC logo and embroidered name of the student on the smock.
- (1x) 1-1/2 inch binder (Professional Portfolio)
- (1x) 1 inch binder (Lesson Plans)
- (3x) Packages of clear protective sheets
- Working with Young Children Workbook $27.00 (check payable to WMCTC required on first day of school)
- CPR/First Aid Certification Card $25.00 (check made payable to WMCTC required on first day of school)
- Misc. items: lined paper, pencils, pens, notebook)
The Department of Welfare regulates that childcare centers operate properly, efficiently, and most importantly, safely. The issue of safety is important for both children and caregivers in a center. It is a state requirement that all employees in a childcare center have the below information on file. As such, WMCTC requires Early Childhood Education students to obtain these necessary documents for eligibility to teach in our on-site lab school and to observe in off-site childcare facilities.
- Act 34 PA Criminal History Clearance (VOLUNTEER FORM)
- Online - Select "Submit a New Record Check" under volunteers. The applicant must provide his/her name and address. If a request goes "under review" it will be updated to the status of “No Record” or “Record” within two weeks. For all “No Record” responses, the certificate must be printed out at the applicant’s computer. All “Record” status requests will be mailed to the address provided by the applicant.
- Paper Form
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse Clearance (VOLUNTEER FORM)
- National Sex Offender Registry Verification
- National Sex Offender Registry Verification please complete the attached form and submit with all ECE paperwork
Students will not be permitted in the Early Childhood Education Program, or any childcare facility, without the required documents. Please have these documents before the student arrives at school on the first day. Each student should retain the original copies for their own files.Uniform/attire can be purchased through WMCTC's Official Uniform Site. For additional questions regarding uniform and class requirements or materials, please reach out to your instructor.