Uniform, Materials, & Tools
Any student who chooses not to follow the uniform policy will be subject to penalties defined on the student attitude sheet.These penalties include but are not limited to, loss of points, loss of hours, and/or discipline referrals. Students who are not in proper uniform will:
- Student ID Badge MUST be visibly worn.
- Black WMCTC scrubs only
- Aprons are provided as needed for chemical services. Students may choose to purchase an apron on their own.
- A solid black leather SNEAKER or NURSING SHOE only. This shoe is necessary for safety and comfort.
- Socks or nylons must be worn at all times.
- NO jackets or sweatshirts will be allowed over or under the uniform. Students may wear a black t-shirt or turtleneck (during colder months) under the scrub top.
- Please be aware that students are not permitted to alter their uniforms in any way. This includes cutting them and writing on them.
- Students are expected to be in uniform on the first day of school.
- Not be permitted to work in the shop or participate in theory.
- Not receive hours for that day.
- Not receive attitude points for that day.
- Work missed due to uniform violation is considered unexcused and cannot be made up, therefore, will result in a “0” grade.
MATERIALS & TOOLS
- Students are required to have a large (3”) binder. All information packets, etc. will be placed in the binder throughout the 3 years that the student is in attendance.
- At least 15 dividers are necessary to separate chapters.
- Students should have writing utensils and a hi-lighter on a daily basis.
- Students are expected to have all books and supplies in class at all times. Failure to do so will be reflected in student grades.
- Each student enrolled in the Cosmetology Program is required to purchase a kit and textbooks.
- Students are responsible to have a complete kit in class each day.
- The student kit contents will be reviewed the first day of school. Kit checks will be made periodically thereafter. Students are required to replace any missing items.
- The State Board of Cosmetology may enter WMCTC at any time and request an inspection. This also includes inspection of student kits. If items are missing, the State Board can impose a fine to the student. If this occurs, the student is solely responsible for that fine.
- Students are responsible for their kits. It is suggested that the student purchase a lock.
- The cost breaks down as follows:
- Pivot Point Fundamentals Textbooks and Study Guide: $150.00
- Cosmetology Kit: $450.00
Kit and textbook fees:
1st Payment (Deposit)
- $200 due to the Business Office no later than July 31, 2020
2nd Payment (First Year Balance)
- $300 due to the Business Office no later than August 31, 2020
3rd Payment (Second Year)
- $100 due to the Business Office no later than August 31, 2021
THE FIRST YEAR KIT MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO THE BUSINESS OFFICE BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL OR THE STUDENT WILL NOT RECEIVE A KIT; THEREFORE, THE STUDENT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS.
Additionally, if subsequent kits are not purchased each year, students will be unable to complete competencies and consequently, will not successfully complete the program.
Please see the Making Payments page for instructions on how to process payment for these items.
* WMCTC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LOST OR STOLEN *
Uniform/attire should be purchased through WMCTC's Official Uniform Site. For additional questions regarding uniform and class requirements or materials, please reach out to your instructor.