- Student ID Badge MUST be visibly worn.
- Black scrubs only, these may be purchased through the uniform store listed on the school website under the student tab.
- Aprons are provided as needed for chemical services. Students may choose to purchase an apron.
- A solid black non-canvas SNEAKER or NURSING SHOE only. This shoe is necessary for safety and comfort.
- Socks or nylons must be work at all times.
- NO jackets or sweatshirts will be allowed over the uniform.
- Students may wear a black t-shirt or turtle neck (during colder months) under the scrub top.
- NO shorts will be allowed.
- Please be aware that students are not permitted to alter their uniforms in any way.This includes cutting them and writing on them.
- Students are expected to be in uniform on the first day of school.
Any student who chooses not to follow the uniform policy will be subject to penalties defined on the student attitude sheet. These penalties include, but are not limited to, loss of points, loss of hours, and/or discipline referrals. Students who are not in proper uniform will: -
- Not be permitted to work in shop or participate in theory.
- Not receive hours for that day.
- Not receive attitude points for that day.
- Work missed due to uniform violation is considered unexcused and cannot be made up, therefore, will result in a “0” grade.
- Students are required to have a large (3”) binder. All information packets, etc. will be placed in the binder throughout the 3 years that the student is in attendance.
- At least 15 dividers are necessary to separate chapters.
- Students should have writing utensils and a hi-lighter on a daily basis.
- Students are expected to have all books and supplies in class at all times. Failure to do so will be reflected in student grades.
Kit & Textbooks
Each student enrolled in the Cosmetology Program is required to purchase a kit and textbooks priced at a total cost of $550.00 (subject to change yearly).
THE LEVEL I KIT MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO THE BUSINESS OFFICE BY THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL OR THE STUDENT WILL NOT RECEIVE A KIT; THEREFORE, THE STUDENT WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS.
Additionally, if subsequent kits are not purchased each year, students will be unable to complete competencies and consequently, will not successfully complete the program.
A deposit of $200.00 will be due by Friday, July 14, 2017. Checks are to be made payable to WMCTC. Credit cards are accepted at WMCTC (convenience fee charged)
Students will use this kit throughout all years at WMCTC and in the salon. The fees are as follows:
- Level I Kit Deposit: $200.00
- Level I Kit Balance: $200.00
- Level II Kit: $100.00
- Level III (NOCTI Prep): $50.00
Students are responsible to have a complete kit in class each day. The student kit contents will be reviewed the first day of school. Kit checks will be made periodically thereafter.Students are required to replace any missing items. The State Board of Cosmetology may enter WMCTC at any time and request an inspection. This also includes inspection of student kits. If items are missing, the State Board can impose a fine to the student. If this occurs, the student is solely responsible for that fine.
Students are responsible for their kits. It is suggested that the student purchase a lock.
* WMCTC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS LOST OR STOLEN *